Sunday, February 13, 2011

Marathon done

She was tough going at the end (no good Xmas goes unpunished) but I toughed it out and finished with a sprint (suitably rewarded by crowd cheering....nice). Route was mostly very pretty going through various NO suburbs. Afterwards I got my free lite beer (which they market heavily as only 65 calories) and I sat in the sun listening to the bands and people watching. The morning started cold (3 degrees) but warmed up. Around 16000 ran so not huge. I did think it was going to be bigger but it was nice to have the space and folk were friendly. I am now scouting for some place to eat.....close, lil stiff I gotta say.

2 comments:

nzm said...

Well done.

Hope that you got my email re Berlin.

Jody said...

Thanks! Got the email and now this marathon is done I can sort out Berlin.....great info and recommendations.