Friday, February 11, 2011

Landed

Have arrived in one piece. 2hrs wait time wasn't too bad and I did sleep some on the plane....although slept the entire 2.45hr flight to NO. Met another runner at the airport who is staying at the same hotel so shared a cab and had a nice chat along the way. Staying at the Marriott - quite lovely and right on the edge of the French Quarter and walking distance to the start line. Settled in and headed off to the expo and laughed when I noticed all these folk with badges at a conference housed in a different part of the building the expo was in "American Physical Therapy Association".....ironic.
Expo itself was pretty low key. I did buy a gizmo tho, a Power Balance band. Sounds odd I know but I need all the help I can get! I've also been putting together a little sightseeing schedule. Planning to go see the WWII Museum and the Gothic Cemeteries among them. Along the way a few other scenic sights as well. I need to keep walking low tomorrow and not sure how I will feel Sunday/Monday but the whole point of this is to use running as a tourism opportunity. Also I think I will be running through some of the areas so can take some sights off the list. I did treat myself to gumbo in some random restaurant but have now downloaded Yelp so can search a little more selectively.

No comments: